THE COMIC ALCHEMIST
Terms and Conditions of Sale
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
These are the full Terms and Conditions for the Customer’s use of this website and for the purchasing of products through this website. Please read these carefully. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use this website.
This website is owned and operated by COMIC ALCHEMIST Limited. THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED is registered in England and Wales under company number 9594973 at the following address: THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED 6, Chelwood, 99 Oakleigh Road North, Whetstone, London, N20 9JA. Users of this website are bound by these Terms and Conditions and should read this document before proceeding. Use of this website and information on this website is subject to the Terms and Conditions set out in this document. By using this website, the Customer is acknowledging their consent to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED reserves, under sole discretion, the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time, without notice. Any changes will be posted within this document. By use of this website, the Customer accepts that they are bound by the Terms and Conditions as they are written in this document. The Customer should check this document regularly.
Forming a Contract
When the Customer places an order to purchase a product from this website, this order is a formal offer to purchase the mentioned product. Upon receipt of the Customer’s order, THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED will send the Customer a confirmation email illustrating that order in detail, including the price for delivery. The confirmation email that THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED sends is neither a guarantee nor an invoice.
A contract between the Customer and THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED will come into existence when THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED charge the Customer’s credit or debit card for the purchase of the product.
All prices on this website are in £ sterling and include V.A.T. where appropriate.
THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED makes every effort to ensure that the contents listed on this website are correct. However, errors may occur and THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED reserves the right to alter product prices and information on this website without prior notice. Other reasons for price alteration may include (but are not limited to) taxation changes or other duty increases.
In the event that THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED changes the price of an item due to an error, the following Terms apply. THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED will inform the Customer as soon as possible of the amendment and of the correct price. The Customer may choose to fulfil their order at the correct price, or to cancel their order. If the Customer chooses to cancel their order and has already paid for the goods in question, THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED shall refund the full amount in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
The Customer should be aware that THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED does not consider a pricing adjustment due to a promotion, sale or other offer as an error in price, and the above Terms do not therefore apply.
THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED is under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product that was advertised at an erroneous price or description.
Ownership of goods does not pass into the hands of the Customer until THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED has received full payment.
THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED will debit the Customer’s account once goods are ready to be shipped.
Where a release date is listed on this website, that date is subject to change in accordance to information received from the supplier of the item. THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED will not be held responsible if that item is delayed, brought forward or cancelled, or if the content or cover art has changed. Where a new release is cancelled, THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED will cancel the Customer’s order and no costs will be charged to the Customer’s account.
THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED sells a number of limited editions on this website. The availability of these items is strictly on a ‘first come first served’ basis. THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED will endeavour to fulfil every Customer’s order; however, once the supply of the limited edition item is exhausted and the Customer’s order cannot be fulfilled, THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED will cancel the Customer’s order and no costs will be charged to the Customer’s account.
THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED will not be responsible for compensating the Customer for any other losses connected with the purchase of limited edition products.
Delivery and Shipping
Product prices on this website are exclusive of delivery and shipping charges, with the exception of the Total Price listed under the Customer’s Shopping Cart, which is inclusive of these charges. Shipping rates are calculated by size and weight of the item(s) being shipped. THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED will endeavour to deliver product to the Customer as soon as possible, in accordance with the Delivery Policy as detailed on this website.
All deliveries will be made to the address that the Customer gives for delivery of the product.
THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED reserves the right to refuse to deliver to an address that may not be secure. This address could be (but is not limited to) a communal postal address, a BFPO or a PO Box. In this event, THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED will inform the Customer as soon as possible.
THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED will not be liable to the Customer in the event that THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED is prevented by circumstance from delivering product that the Customer has ordered.
The Customer should be aware that, when goods are shipped internationally, they are subject to opening and inspection by Customs authorities.
Right to Cancel
The Customer may cancel their order, for any reason and at any time, up to fourteen working days after the Customer has received their goods. In the event that the Customer wishes to cancel their order, the Customer must inform THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED in writing. The Customer can also cancel by logging in to their online Customer account and selecting the relevant order number and cancelling the product/s themselves. It’s also possible to send an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that the Customer has unsealed the packaging on a CD, DVD or audiotape, the Customer’s right to cancel no longer applies.
Should a customer wish to invoke their right to cancel on any other item, the product must be returned to THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED in the exact same condition supplied & its original packaging and in a resalable condition with all seals and wrappings.
Should the Customer invoke their right to cancel, the following Terms apply.
If THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED has not yet despatched the product, THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED will cancel the Customer’s order and no costs will be charged to the Customer’s account.
If THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED has already despatched the product, the Customer will not be able to cancel their order by accessing their online account. The Customer should contact email@example.com.
In this instance, the Customer undertakes the responsibility to return that product to THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED. THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED will refund the cost of the item, but will not refund any postal charges paid by the Customer as part of their initial order.
The Customer must return the item to THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED within 14 days of receipt to qualify for a refund.
Full details of the Customer’s right to cancel are given in the ‘Cancellation’ section of the Frequently Asked Questions page.
In the event that an item is defective, faulty or sent in error by THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED, the customer should take images of defective/damaged items contact COMIC ALCHEMIST to arrange the return of the item. Email: info@ComicAlchemist.com or call us Mon-Fri 10.00am-7.00pm on 020-3290 8120. *Please note we are closed on public and bank holidays.
The Customer should use and include all the original packaging to return their item/s to: RETURNS, THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED, 7 ST PANCRAS COURT, 16 STATION GROVE, WEMBLEY, LONDON, HA0 4YQ.
THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED will offer a replacement for the same product/s that were faulty or damaged. Where we cannot offer a replacement we will refund the cost of the item/s and postage where applicable.
The Customer must return the item/s to THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED within 28 days of receipt for faulty, damaged or defective goods to qualify for a refund.
Links to Other Sites
ComicAlchemist.com website contains links to external sites. Such links are not in any way an endorsement by, or an affiliation with, THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED. THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED does not accept responsibility for the content of any external sites. Any goods that the Customer orders from another website are subject to the Terms and Conditions of that website and THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED has no liability to the Customer in respect of that website nor any goods or services the Customer obtains through its use.
All content of this website is the property of THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED and is protected by intellectual property and copyright laws. The Customer may access any part of this website and download or copy material for personal use only. The Customer may not download or copy material for use in conjunction with any other website or business. THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED retains the copyright for such material, or, where the owners of the material have licensed that material to THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED, the copyright is retained by the owners themselves.
The customer may not remove any copyright, trademark or intellectual property notice contained in original material from any material downloaded from this website.
All trademarks appearing on this website are the property of their respective owners. Use of these trademarks is forbidden unless written permission is obtained from the owner of the trademark.
The Customer must be over 18 years of age to buy product from this website.
THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED reserves the right to correct any errors on this website, including description and image. THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED reserve the right to refuse or cancel any website order based on an incorrect description or image. These corrections may be made after the Customer’s order has been acknowledged.
THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED reserves the right to decline to supply any individual or company without explanation.
THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Customer’s use of this website at any time without explanation.
It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit or debit card number to attempt to order from this website. THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED will prosecute any Customer caught wilfully entering a fictitious order to the fullest extent of the law.
If any single provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by a Court of Law, the invalidity of that single provision will not affect the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which will continue to have full effect.
The failure of THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms and Conditions does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
These Terms and Conditions shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the relevant United Kingdom Law. The Courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or other matter arising from these Terms and Conditions, the Customer’s use of this website or the supply of the product by THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED
Vouchers and Site Credit
The Customer must be over 18 years of age to purchase e-Voucher/s or Gift Voucher/s from this website.
The Customer may purchase between £5 and £1000 worth of e-Voucher/s in a single transaction.
If a Customer applies an excess of Site Credit to an order with THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED, THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED. will only use the correct amount of Site Credit to complete the purchase.
Should the Customer’s payment fail, THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED. will send the customer back to the Review stage of the e-Voucher. The Customer may attempt the purchase a second time.
A Customer will not have control over how much of their Site Credit is used for any particular Order
THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED. will not debit the Customer’s Site Credit until the transaction has been completed.
In the event that a Customer shares a THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED. order between their Site Credit and their credit/debit card, THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED. will charge the Customer’s Site Credit first and their credit/debit card second.
In the event that THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED offers the Customer a refund on an order shared between a Customer’s Site Credit and their credit/debit card, THE COMIC ALCHEMIST LIMITED. will refund the Customer’s credit/debit card first and their Site Credit second.
Site Credit is NOT AVAILABLE TO CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE THE UK.
CBCS & CGC Signature Series & Graded Submissions
Please note that Comic Book Grading is conducted solely by CBCS & CGC. The Comic Alchemist Limited does not guarantee and is not responsible for any grading discrepancies. Should you be unhappy with the Grade of your book, please contact CGC directly. Contact details can be found of their websites www.cbcscomics.com and www.cgccomics.com.
- The Comic Alchemist Limited is an authorised dealer of CGC/CBCS. Liability commences with The Comic Alchemist Limited when your comic books are in our possession and until they are returned and ‘signed-for’ by you or others authorised by you at the address provided on the The Comic Alchemist Limited Signature Series Submission Form. The Comic Alchemist Limited is not responsible for any damage, loss or negligence which occurs outside of this time period.
- During transit all books are insured under our policy. This policy insures up to £5,000 per shipment.
- Damage during transit must be reported to The Comic Alchemist Limited (via firstname.lastname@example.org) within 5 working days of delivery to the address provided on the The Comic Alchemist Limited Signature Series Submission Form. Please include your unique reference number in all correspondence. This can be found in the top right-hand corner of your receipt.
- Customers who choose ‘Option 2’ agree to ship items to The Comic Alchemist Limited securely, so that items do not incur damage through inadequate packing. You must ensure that you use a ‘signed-for’ shipping service to track your items journey to us.
- Customers agree to fill out The Comic Alchemist Limited Online Submission Forms completely. Forms will not be submitted if you do not provide all information required for each book.
- CBCS & CGC ‘Turn-around’ times are correct at time of going to press. CBCS & CGC ‘turn-around’ times are subject to change and are dependent on CBCS’ CGC’s workload. The service is conducted by a third party and The Comic Alchemist Limited does not have any influence on these ‘turn-around’ times and are therefore not responsible for any changes. We will endeavour to keep you up to date with any changes, but please see the CBCS & CGC website for further information.
- Customers agree that payment to The Comic Alchemist Limited will be made before signatures are obtained. Customers acknowledge that if payment receipts and vouchers are not shown to the CBCS or CGC Representative, vouchers will not be given to the customer and submission via The Comic Alchemist Limited Signature Series service cannot be made.
- If books are signed without being witnessed by the official CBCS or CGC Representative, they will not be eligible to be submitted to CBCS or CGC Signature Series by The Comic Alchemist Limited’s handling agent. This is to maintain the validity and credibility of our service.
- Customers agree they will not leave the Creator Signing Area with any The Comic Alchemist Limited Signature Series Vouchers. Customers acknowledge that if they leave the Creator Signing Area before submitting their books and voucher, they will not be allowed to return, and signature witnessing and authorisation will be null and void. In the event that this occurs, you will be entitled to a full refund.
- Should you be dissatisfied with any aspect of the service provided by The Comic Alchemist Limited, please contact us via email@example.com with your unique reference number within 5 working daysof receipt of goods and we will endeavour to address the problem.
- Prices are correct at time of going to press but are subject to change.
- Customers agree that when payment is made for any The Comic Alchemist Limited Signature Series service, they are agreeing to all terms and conditions laid out in items 1-13.